There is so much opportunity within estate agency. You may want to be at the forefront and sell homes but, if not, there are many other great roles within the industry.
Spicerhaart’s Head of Learning and Development for Estate Agency, Emma Barber, explains: “You can choose to be customer facing or you can support those who serve our customers. These back-office roles are at the heart of keeping the business running, making sure everything runs smoothly and ensuring that everyone is happy.”
Here are a few examples of the roles available, some of which are based in a branch and some from home:
- Sales Negotiator – You’ll be liaising with customers and negotiating the sale of a property, all while demonstrating great customer service.
- Property Marketing Consultant – The role we all recognise; you’ll be helping customers achieve their move goal by effectively marketing their home and getting the best price for them.
- Move Manager – This role is the glue between the estate agent and the sale, ensuring the offer progresses smoothly from valuing the property to completion.
- Lettings Agent – We don’t just sell properties, we let them too. We provide the link between the landlord and the tenant and provide a range of services to ensure their tenancy runs smoothly.
- Mortgage Advisers – Most people planning to buy a property will need a mortgage and we can help here too, through our Just Mortgages We can train you all the way.
- Property Surveyors – With this role, you get right in on the action. Our Valunation division carries out property valuations, building surveys and other property-related services to businesses and personal customers alike. This advice is vital to the sales and lettings process.
- Personal Move Assistant – If you’re great on the phone and love administrative tasks, this job is for you. You’ll be supporting our teams across the UK.
- HR – This role is key to supporting the company and, more importantly, the employees. Some examples of HR tasks would be recruitment, performance management and health and safety.
- IT Helpdesk – Supporting our employees across our network with IT issues is an invaluable part of the Spicerhaart team.
- Marketing – We have a wide number of different roles for digital and non-digital marketers, graphic designers and web developers – to promote ourselves and our customers’ properties.
As you can see, there’s a place for any ambitious person to develop their career within the property industry. To find out more about what roles we have available, visit our current vacancies page.
Whether you are just starting out or wish to progress your career in Estate Agency, we would love to support you in your journey.