What Qualifications Do I Need to Become a Surveyor?

If you would like to become a surveyor but you don’t know where to start, we’ve got the answers!

In order to be accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) you will need to have an RICS accredited degree in order to gain “chartered” status via the RICS APC programme or can gain a RICS Associate qualification by following an approved training programme either in-house or through an external training provider such as SAVA.

For more information please see,



Spicerhaart has its own surveying business called Valunation that offers residential valuations, building surveys and other property-related services to mortgage lenders, businesses and personal customers alike.

In order to work for Valunation at one of our locations across the UK, either full-time or part-time, you’ll need:

At the present time, Valunation is not providing trainee surveyor positions however we can take those with an existing MRICS or AssocRICS qualification through the RICS VRS accreditation.

If you’re interested in working for Valunation, head to our current vacancies page. If there is not a vacancy listed in your area then simply forward your CV to talk-to-us@valunation.com as we are always recruiting.



Go back to the main FAQs page.
Take a look at the other pages in our Careers sections including 'Why Work for Us''Training & Development', 'Career Schemes' and 'The Application Process'.
Browse our current vacancies or submit your CV.