At Spicerhaart, our goal is for everyone who joins our family to succeed in the industry and have a career that they both strive for and thrive in.
Success can be measured in a number of ways, but we believe that success means to feel happy and enjoy your job as much as it does to be prosperous.
So, here are some tips on how you can achieve success:
- Make sure the role is right for you. First, read 'What are the job roles in estate agency' and ‘How to become an Estate Agent’ and then decide if you’d like a career in the property sector.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate – with customers, colleagues and even yourself. Being able to communicate is a vital key to success, whether it’s chatting on the phone, asking or answering questions via email or typing up notes.
- Focus on customer experience. Make sure you are building trust and providing a service you would enjoy; create that personal connection.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself! Showing some personality is a good thing, you want people to remember you for all the right reasons.
- Make connections – on social media and within the industry. Not everyone needs to know your name, but if the right people do, you’re on the right track for success.
- Gain experience and qualifications. This relates to the age-old saying “knowledge is power”, you can never learn too much. We have an industry-leading learning and development programme at Spicerhaart.
- Understand your role. This sounds obvious but knowing the meaning of being an Estate Agent inside out is important. From familiarity with rules and regulations, to mastering the art of negotiation; know your goals and how you’re supposed to reach them each day, each month, and each year.
- Be tech savvy. Some roles involve creating videos and taking photos and uploading to social media. Plus you need strong computer skills for administrative tasks.
- Work hard. It’s not a weekday 9-5 job and there will be plenty of challenges along the way, but the rewards are well worth it.
- Let your passion drive you. We believe this one is the most important, let the drive of finding someone a home create a pathway to success.
We hope these top tips have helped you understand your next steps for success within Estate Agency at Spicerhaart. Visit our careers page to see where we could help you or read some more of our blogs to inspire you.