If you’ve been successful in being chosen for an interview, you will have to prepare for it. It is likely you will be against other people for the role and being prepared as best you can is the first step to being successful. Find out what tips we recommend below!
Research the company
- Research facts about Spicerhaart and our numerous groups and brands (Potential sources: Company website; Online newspapers; LinkedIn; Industry publications)
- What makes our company unique in the property market?
- Connect with the interviewer before your interview on LinkedIn. Learn something about them before your video call with them (You may even wish to send them a short, polite message the day before the interview)
- Connect with Spicerhaart and our brands on LinkedIn
Research the role
- What are the key responsibilities and skills
- Think of examples that demonstrate how your skillset matches our opportunity
- Find two ways in which this role offers something different to your current employment
Dress to impress
- We would recommend professional attire. As we are a client facing company, it is imperative we look the part.
- This is your chance to give us a great first impression of how you present yourself, even over video (Take a look at our teams on LinkedIn to get an idea of how we represent ourselves)Get set up and be technology ready
- We recommend ensuring your computer and zoom application is set up and ready to go 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled interview to allow time for any updates to complete ahead of your call.
Make yourself stand out
- Questions to ask your interviewer – make sure the answers to questions you may ask, aren’t readily available through online research. A few potential topics:
- Culture, team or values
- The interviewer’s personal experience in the Spicerhaart family
- Expectations (of me)
- Have a copy of your CV saved and ready to view should you need to reference whilst discussing your experience
- Commission statements/league tables/certificates (again, have to hand to reference) Evidence to show you are an over achiever
Keep yourself cool, calm and collected
- This is the perfect opportunity for you to learn about your strengths, weaknesses, likes and dislikes. It’s your chance to prove to the interviewer why you should become part of our Spicerhaart Family.