At Spicerhaart, we have a vision to become the leading provider of property services in the markets in which we operate – and we recognise that it’s our people who will help us achieve this. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented people, just like you, to come and join us.
How it works:
- If you already work with us and have a friend or family member who you think would fit right in with our culture and values, you can recommend them for a job anywhere in the Group and earn a bonus. If your friend or family member is appointed by us you will earn a bonus of £250. Once they successfully pass their probation period and are confirmed as a permanent employee, you will receive a further £250 bonus. That is £500 in total. All bonuses are subject to the deduction of tax and will be paid through the payroll following appointment/confirmation of a successful probation of the candidate that you referred.
- Once you have submitted a CV for a family member or friend for consideration for a vacancy, it will be reviewed by STAT who are responsible for managing the recruitment process for that role or by the hiring manager. If it appears to meet the criteria for the role your friend or family member will be contacted and asked to complete an application form and follow our normal recruitment process. This means that they will be required to undergo the same checks and tests as any other candidate applying for the role.
- Spicerhaart is committed to the fair treatment of all job applicants and employees–regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical/mental disability or offending background.
- All referrers must be current employees of Spicerhaart at the point the referral is made.
- The CV of the friend or family member you are referring must be passed to STAT (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you must make them aware that you referring the applicant. If you decide that the process is to go through the careers website, please state your name and the position you are making the recommendation for.
- You cannot refer someone who has already applied for a role, already submitted their CV on a speculative basis through the normal recruitment channels or who has already been referred by an agency.
- To receive the bonus both the referrer and the candidate must remain employed, and not under notice of termination (whether given or received), on the relevant referral bonus payment date(s).
- You can refer a friend or family member for any job vacancy in the Group, not just in your own department or division so the scope of earning the bonus is much broader.
- By referring an individual you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Refer a Friend Policy.
- Spicerhaart reserves the right to modify or withdraw the policy at any time.
- Spicerhaart will conduct interviews with only those referred candidates who meet our required needs for the role under consideration, and will extend employment offers only to those candidates who, in our opinion, are the most qualified, regardless of how the candidate came to our attention. If you wish, you can discuss the requirements of specific vacancies and the suitability of potential candidates with the recruiter prior to submission.
- Where a candidate is not initially hired for the specific vacancy they were referred for, but a recruiter or hiring manager then considers them for another vacancy as a result of your referral, you will be eligible for a referral bonus for that vacancy.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals you can make, and you will be awarded a referral bonus for each valid, successful referral.
- Referrals of the same candidate by multiple employees will result in a bonus payment only to the first referral correctly registered on the ICIMS system.
- A referral submitted via the Refer a Friend scheme, is valid for 6 months. Should the candidate’s details be received within this period via an alternative source (e.g. a recruitment agency); we will endeavour to progress that candidate as your referral, where practical to do so. Similarly, if a candidate is first introduced to Spicerhaart by an alternative source then they cannot be registered as a valid employee referral for 6 months.
- If you are considering referring someone from your previous employer, please be aware you may be subject to a restrictive covenant in your previous contract of employment which prevents you from approaching staff directly. If you suspect this, please check your previous employment contract. Spicerhaart will not be held liable for any breaches of restrictive covenants that may apply to you.
Exclusions to this policy:
- You cannot refer an existing employee of Spicerhaart under this scheme.
- You cannot refer yourself under this scheme. If you wish to apply for a vacancy please follow the standard internal application process.
- You cannot refer a candidate for a vacancy where you are the hiring manager, or where you have any involvement in the recruitment or interview and selection process.
- You will forfeit your right to a referral bonus if you assist a friend or family member with the application process by completing on-line or off-line tests on the candidate’s behalf.
- You will not receive a referral bonus for the referral of any candidates joining on a fixed term contract of less than 6 months or for the referral of non-employees, e.g. self-employed contractors / candidates working through a 3rd party supplier on a temporary basis or employed and paid on a daily or hourly rate on a temporary basis.
- A referral bonus will not be paid for a candidate whose CV has already been introduced to Spicerhaart by another means within the previous 6 months. This therefore excludes candidates who have been interviewed at any time during the 6 months prior to the referral date.
- Referrals cannot be made for any individual who has left Spicerhaart in the last 6 months.
Referral bonus payment:
- A bonus payment will be made as part of the referrer’s regular monthly salary payment as soon as practicable but typically in the month following the relevant due payment date. As we must operate to an agreed payroll cut-off dates, the payment of the bonus could be delayed if HR do not received notification of the appointment/confirmation of passing probation of the candidate that you referred on a timely basis.
- Applicable UK taxes and NI will be deducted from any bonus paid to the referrer.
If you have any questions about the employee referral policy, or have a specific query regarding a referral bonus payment, please contact HR.